Low latency coast to coast. Customizable space.
NTT’s Chicago Data Center Campus will have two buildings totaling 72 megawatts of scalable critical IT load. Each building will hold 36 megawatts, distributed in six vaults with 6 megawatts in each vault. With high-density vaults available, NTT’s data centers can support both single-user and colocation requirements of hyperscale cloud and enterprise customers.
The campus is located on a 19-acre parcel of land in Itasca, Illinois, which is about 27 miles northwest of downtown Chicago. Itasca is in a prime area for wholesale data centers, which includes Franklin Park and Elk Grove Village.
Superior TCO through low-cost power and tax incentives
Chicago data center customers benefit greatly from a superior total cost of ownership (TCO). This low TCO comes from affordable electricity rates, moderate weather that enables many days of free cooling each year, and state and local sales tax exemptions on equipment such as servers and storage racks. Our Chicago campus is powered by Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), which offers rates 18 percent lower than the national average. Since 2003, ComEd has invested approximately $9 billion to expand, upgrade and maintain the reliability of the transmission and distribution systems.
Reliable connectivity with minimal latency
Chicago delivers world-class connectivity to data center customers through an extensive fiber network, minimal risk of natural disasters, and low latency to both U.S. coasts by virtue of its Central location. NTT’s Chicago campus offers connections to multiple Tier 1 carriers, direct cross connects via dark and lit fiber to other local data centers and businesses, and secure, direct interconnections to major cloud providers and SaaS applications.
Flexible contracts for a customizable, secure space
NTT can tailor flexible contracts to maximize value for each customer, while deploying fit-out and migration experts to customize space down to the last detail. And with highly trained security officers using expertise and technology to guard the campus 24x7x365, NTT gives customers peace of mind that their mission-critical IT equipment is always safe.
Located in Itasca, approximately a 25-minute drive from O'Hare International Airport
19-acre fully fenced campus
Two planned data centers
Two stories each
36MW of critical IT load per building
6 vaults with 6MW per building
230,000 sq.ft. of space per building
126,000 sq.ft. of data hall space per building
Low-cost power with renewable energy options available
Diverse utility power feeds for superior redundancy
Industry-leading compliance and safety procedures
Anti-climb perimeter fence and multi-factor authentication
- 36 MW of critical IT load
- Renewable energy options available
- Multiple utility power feeds for superior reliability N+1 distributed redundancy with 4 to make 3 design
- Options for dedicated infrastructure and high-density power
- High-security gated entrance to prevent unauthorized entry
- Multifactor identification and multi-level security zones
- 9 layers of security to access the IT infrastructure
- 24x7 manned security with centralized electronic access control systems
- Carrier-neutral data center campus with three diverse fiber entrances
- TIA-942 compliant
- Multiple "Meet Me" rooms
- Many regional, national and international Tier 1 carrier options
- Air cooled chillers with airside economizers and fan wall design
- Dedicated modular chiller plant for every 6MW vault