The OpenStack project was created to provide an open, massively scalable cloud operating system capable of supporting today’s dynamic, cloud-native applications. OpenStack software is built by an international community of more than 2,500 developers, operators and users from 309 organizations around the globe and broad-based industry support from more than 160 sponsoring vendors. OpenStack is now the vanguard open source project on the planet.
Customer values/problems solved
- Deploying OpenStack can be challenging due to the interdependency of OpenStack’s multiple projects and the rapid evolution in OpenStack components. Integrations with hardware, cloud management software, services and enterprise IT systems are needed to package the OpenStack platform into a solution that addresses real organizational needs — and therefore delivers real results to an enterprise. This work requires significant knowledge, dedicated investment and continuing commitment.
- Trusted technology vendors — Dell EMC and Red Hat — have solved this dilemma by co-engineering the Dell EMC Ready Bundle for Red Hat OpenStack Platform. It combines a core validated architecture with select extensions to create an adaptive infrastructure that integrates the best innovations from the OpenStack community with proven Dell EMC and Red Hat technologies. This open, secure, reliable and supported solution is built on validated, integrated components and features rapid, automated provisioning to simplify and speed Deployment — so you can take advantage of cloud benefits sooner.
- Dell EMC PowerEdgeTM Server
- Dell EMC PowerConnect Switches
- Red Hat Openstack
- Red Hat Ceph
- Optional: Red Hat Openshift and Red Hat Cloudforms